Thursday, 23 July 2009

Sketches and Doodles



































As you may already know, I'm really interested in fashion design and would love to pursue it as my job one day. These are just a few sketches I did based on My Fair Lady. (By the way, anyone who is interested in fashion MUST watch this film- Cecil Beaton designed all the costumes) I'd be really interested in your opinon. These are about a month old, and I've been working very hard on my design technique since then, so hopefully there'll be some more recent pictures soon!
Talking of design,what do you think of these? My friend Caitlin is a "Doodler" but I'd call it more art (: These are a few examples of her work. The nail varnish one is stuck in my room, the other was one she did for the Christmas Fair. I would love to one day put her doodle patterns onto dresses and bags. I think that'd be pretty amazing.. If you want to see more of her work, then visit her blog-http://doodlingenie.blogspot.com/ or find her on my list of blogs (the random thoughts and doodles of a psychopath). There's some amazing ones on there, look at the older posts too!
All sketches are copyrighted to me and caitlin.


19 comments:

Nemerae said...

Love that one with the voluminous skirt =)
Btw, I'm studying Fashion Design!
Byee
xx

Vera said...

it is really good!

Eline said...

I realy like them! I think you're really good, i especially like the first and second outfit!

Raez said...

love the sketches, i just lvoe creative people:):) and awesome. added you to the link list;)

xx raez

Lilee said...

love them.

kirstyb said...

Great sketches xoxox

Le Veggie Burger said...

The first drawings made me think of Dali's long leged elephants/horses, which is a god thing(http://ekult.fr/images/articles/Salvador-Dali-Tentation.jpg)

I really like how absurd the "pressing on the tube" ones are, with all the randome items that somehow seem related.

CHICMUSE said...

nice ones. love the looks there.
kiss




Chicmuse
http://thechicmuse.blogspot.com

theTrendyDwarf said...

Your drawings are amazing! Like a million times better than what I could do. I really love your friends doodles! I had to check her blog out and I love it! If you want to pursue fashion...pursue it! I been thinking about doing it in college but I am still deciding.
check out my trendy blog!
http://thetrendydwarf.blogspot.com/

Stacy said...

love them all, especially the 2nd one

and NO, i didn't know submarine was being made into a movie! i'm all excited now haha thank you so much for letting me know! ...that is going to be one dirty movie

-Fashion Handglide

Alanna said...

these sketches are amazing! love them!

Dani said...

great sketches!

http://www.rocknrollgypsy.com

a. said...

i love the colourfull...

fashiondawn said...

It's indeed just art! Beautiful, it would be pretty awesome to have that on a skirt or something.
And please teach me how to draw like you do! I love it.
xx

Zo said...

aw wow! they're really good! i'm adding a few more, please tell me what you think!

lonelypoets.blogspot.com/

Zo said...

yeah, im really interested in it, im hoping maybe to go to central st. martin's, but the thing is that im also very passionate about acting, and photography, so i'm still deciding really. i see you really love design too :)

SOMETHING PICASSO said...

Talented girl, talented.

Raji said...

Lovee themm
You're like immenslyy taleneted
And My Fair Lady is great :) lol
One of the greatest films everr

Bahrain Fashion said...

I like them, they're so cute XD