Sunday, 30 August 2009

Through a mirror brightly: Andrew Logan

Could you get a more "Alice through the Looking Glass" type shot? Was so happy with this particular self portrait..

I accessorised my white dress and jewellery with my thrifted glittery leggings, and some Betty Jackson silver shoes. (£2.50 in a charity shop!)

Me 'modeling' the jewellery in the museum. I love the way the light caught my lips and the head-dress.

Me and my mum outside..

Mum looks up to Zandra Rhodes!

The Big Bracelet group. I really wanted one... But of course, I had my horse.

Two gorgeous brooches..

What an amazing couple! I love the way they added their own surreal characters to the outfits.

There was another person who had the other half of the horse necklace! It was actually a barbie horse cut in half.

This afternoon has been one of the most glittery times I've ever had! I mentioned visiting the Andrew Logan museum a couple of posts ago, but what I didn't talk about was the exciting event happening today.
Once a year, Andrew Logan himself holds a jewellery showcasing event in his museum in Berriew. (Wales.) Today was the day. And out of sheer good fortune (happening to overhear a conversation at the museum last week about a need for extra people to model), both my mum and I found ourselves appearing in his show, alongside a whole host of other lovely people from near and far. And doesn't my mum look great in the green dress? 
Each of our costumes was hand-picked by the artist himself, my favourite part being the 60's style sunglasses. The horse 'necklace' was pretty wild too and carries a price tag of £2000... Actually, considering all the jewellery I was wearing, it was all probably worth about £4000 in total. I was therefore rather nervous about tripping over or bashing into anything inadvertently.
But what an amazing experience. Getting to meet him, wearing such fabulous things and parading them in front of lots of people. Such a privilege. And I have to say, I could seriously get used to the whole sparkly lips thing!
At the end of the show I really didn't want to take off the beautiful things. Going to this museum makes you feel like you want to live your life full of glitter and pretty stuff. Walking in through the door just makes you happy, so imagine how good it is to actually wear his jewellery. He also seems really generous spirited himself, both in person as well as the fact that his is the only museum I know of that allows visitors to take photos. (Lucky, as otherwise I'd have no actual post here...) But above all it's a really inspiring place. Last time I visited i went home and created an Andrew Logan inspired bangle,so who knows what'll happen this time? I'm already plotting my latest creative endeavour.
So now, here I am sitting in my oversized cat in the hat t-shirt, exhausted but euphoric. Glitter traces on my cheeks are all that remains of the wonderful afternoon now. And I think it's time to turn off my computer, so this is it for now. Hope you enjoy the images…

All jewellery and costume copyrighted to Andrew Logan.


Kate said...

Thank you for your lovely, lovely comment (: I love the first picture so much, it's perfect. And it all sounds like a pretty great day! x

Jocelynne said...

I love the first and second photos! The rest are beautiful, as well. So much sparkle and glitter! Those glasses are fab. Looks like you had a lot of fun! :) xx

Tati said...

I love the horse necklace
i would have a hard time figuring out what i would wear with it if i had one but it looks so cool!
I also have sparkle leggings that are green i actually made them, but i was going to do a post about them today haha!

Natalie said...

This is very cool, love the silver lips! :)


My Passport to Style said...

Wowsers these image are insanley divine! I love the tunic with the horse is it?thank-you they really made my day. What a treat !!!! Sharon (UK) xox

Vik said...

these photos are amazing! sounds like you had a fab time! love the pic of you and your mum! Love the horse necklace! i wish he did a miniature version that i could afford and could wear everyday! Got my first giveaway up on my blog, hope you can check it out :)
much love from Ireland xx

Panda said...

aw, gorgeous photos. Looks like so much fun! LOVE the horse necklace. xx

sophie la-la-la x said...

wow, im rather speechless
first of all- you lucky devil
and that outfit is stunning, loving the horsie but my fave has to be the sun glasses - a stroke between willy wonka and audrey hepburn
my favourite clash song probably has to be london calling, its a classic
and i recoment the rankin exbt, its amazing!

sophie x

Maria said...

There is an award for you on my blog!!!
Check it at my blog.

Adela said...

what an incredible opportunity! you look absolutley STUNNING! =)

Hannah @ LONDON--ROSE ♥ said...

your photos are stunning, and you look so beautiful :)
seems like you had an amazing time!

i love your blog & was wondering if you wanted to exchange links? let me know x

♥ Hannah



Flashes of Style said...

Woww this is crazy amazing! Hahah.

Mara said...

that's one cool outfit!

TIANA said...

wow, i got so much inspiration from this post. insanity.


Nubia said...

This is very cool. You look amazing!

Gussie said...

Woahh these pictures are amazing! I love the one with all the bangles. These outfits remind me of the costumes in a pantomime of Cinderella I went to see this year! Love the discoball barbie house too :)
Gus x

Dani said...

oh! how gorgeous!!

CC said...

Looking super-stellar! :)


Hannah @ LONDON--ROSE ♥ said...

thanks hun, i've just linked you :)

cody said...

crazy but cool.
xx cody

Eva Internazionale said...

I'm loving all the details here. & the first photo is truly something to be proud of.

Christina said...

cool pics! love all the dresses!

yiqin; said...

OMG the clothes are great!

Mechanical Beauty said...

you have such an amazing blog.
check my blog out
maybe we can exchange links?

polka dot (Jill Carin Adams) said...

Hey Roz! Just saw your comments on Pearl's blog re: Jaeger. That's so.. serendipitous. There's something I'd like to talk with you about, I don't see an email address, can you email me when you get a chance?

Thanks! jCx

Erin Nicole said...

these are incredible!! the horse necklace is amazinggg. thanks for the sweet comment on my blog xx

Denise said...

wow! really. you are very pretty! i love the sparkly dress. amazing

Nicky said...

wow what a great event :)
I loved this post your outfit is fantastic!
Nicky x

Nicky said...

hey roz second comment ;)

Just tagged you in a summer tag game on my blog :)
Nicky x

styleodyssey said...

incredible and fantastical!
so "zandra rhodes", indeed.

Raez said...

wow, soudns liek an amazing time! you and your mom look lovely! I can see where you get your beauty from:) oh, and tell her i love her hair;)

xx raez

Andie said...

amazing costume! such a fairytale! love it!

WildFlower said...

I love everything about that first photo! You could be a model from the 60s or something...anyhow it tells a story and I love it! You have the most lovely peaches and cream skin by the way. What a fun dress up day you guys had.

Pearl Westwood said...

amazing, you would be alice through the looking-glass in 2050A.D!

doodlingenie said...

Hey Roz, i thought you'd be pleased to know my blog is up and running again with 3 new posts (some featuring you) and more coming soon, oh and by the way lovely glasses in the first picture of your post.

Kat said...

you look awesome!
the horse necklace is great :)

Diary of a Young Designer said...

Love the costumes! Lol, and yes the glittery makeup can become quite addicting. ^-^ Have a great weekend!