Tuesday, 29 September 2009

The autumn blogger capsule collection 2009

























1.) The Stylish Wanderer. She's the same age as me, and her style is so sophisticated! I really enjoyed designing the skirt and mesh corset, the colour worked really well. And I have something of a penchant for floppy hats.























2.) Cheap Thrills (Raez)- She comments on my blog a lot, and I'm a great admirer of hers! She makes you want to live life full of bright colour, and her photography is so inspirational.























3.) Pink Champagne (Adela)- Whenever she posts, Adela reminds me of some Titania like person. So I took some inspiration from that too (plus the ophelia portrait).



4.) Fashion Toast (Rumi)- Simple chic pieces and quirky vintage finds was what inspired me here. I wanted the details to stand out, such as the lace on the dress and the blue lining inside the boots.
























5.) Sea Of Shoes (Jane) Well, of course the shoes were the main focus here! I love the Ruff Cuff shoes, just because I think I want a pair myself! And the fold over boots followed on from a whole themeof draping, wrapping and generally manipulating fabric.





















6.) Fashion Pirates (Arabella)- I took her blog name slightly literally for the second outfit! But only the most fashionable of pirates would dress like her. The first was inspired by her "turn anything into an item of clothing" style. In this case, a lampshade!
























7.) Lips of London (Nicky)-Only English blogger I chose actually! There aren't enough of us..
I loved that really British quirky style, and gave it a bit of a DIY homespun feel. (Like with the dress, I was just thinking of an old vintage skirt that you might pull up and cinch in with a belt.)























8.) Pandora. I guess I was inspired by that whole 60's feel.. And the pink coat is based on some fabric I actually own, so that one could maybe be turned into a real garment!


























9.) Style Rookie(Tavi)-completely love her slightly wacky style, so thats what I tried to show in these designs. And those Clock Socks? I really want a pair!! All I need is some orange socks..You
may find me sowing felt circles on to them soon!





10.) Karla's Closet. Really liked her editorial style, and the skirt was actually inspired by the the pattern on some ornamental grass in our garden.











As many of you will know, I'm an avid young amatuer designer and when I'm not wielding a camera or wading in streams posing, I'm usually to be found with a sketchbook in hand scribbling ideas. My latest inspiration has been looking at my favourite fashion bloggers. I know that the 'blogger portrait' idea has been happening for quite a while now but I haven't (as yet) come across any instances of people designing specific outfits for individual bloggers. So this is what I've done! I have selected 10 very different bloggers, all of whom I admire and find inspiring. But it was so hard to choose! I admire so many more, but if I'd done all the ones I wanted to do, I think I wouldn't leave my room for several months! So I decided to plunge in and make a start somewhere... But this may only be the first phase.
For each blogger I came up with a concept of two outfits based on my interpretation of their personal style.
Enjoy..
All sketches copyrighted to me.

46 comments:

Girl With The Bow Tie said...

Hey! I Just stumbled on your blog and I thought I'd drop a comment because I really like it! Love the idea of drawing fashion designs for bloggers - your end result was great! Haha. And one of them made me smile because I always wear skirts as dresses! haha. Anyways, keep up the great work!

girlwiththebowtie.blogspot.com

Maria said...

hi,
great idea.
and i have to say: the sketches are so cute.
a charming collection
i hope see your fashion show in the future!!
kisses

Laura Gerencser said...

Very cool! Love these!!

WildFlower said...

Thats such a cool idea!! ITs great you found an outlet for your inspiration....i feel like doing the same now. Clock socks are awesome and I love Raez's blue dress. It would be great to see a piece made too! x

My Passport to Style said...

How fabulous what a talented lady, I must visit her blog, this is my 2nd visit here, so glad I popped in, we have soo much in common, vintage and fashion!What a treat, I will be back! Sharon xox

Jocelynne said...

Beautiful sketches! I love how you didn't just sketch an exact outfit that was posted on the person's blog, but instead you designed an outfit. I'd love to see some more of your work. Lovely job :) x

Sher said...

Wow, I really enjoyed looking through each of your creations, so perfect for each inspirational blogger! They're really fantastic, I must say!!

deep_in_vogue said...

Beautiful, beautiful drawings, babe! You have a talent!

Delectable Swank said...

this is awesome, you are so talented! I wish I could draw! I love how each blogger has their own style that you've reflected in their portraits.

nikita said...

wow, this is so creative! your designs and drawings are so wonderful, i really love them. you have such talent :)

TheGlamorousEccentric said...

These are so awesome! Especially the one for jane (sea of shoes). I'm impressed with how much thought you put into each bloggers look and personal take on things!

Billie Kinson said...

These sketches are amazing, and I love how you've drawn on the bloggers personalities as well. A lot of talent

billiekinson.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

Very cool illustrations! I wish I had the patience!!

http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

Adela said...

wow! it's such a great honor to be recongnized by a lovely blogger such as yourself! hank you so much for doing this! i'm going to be out of town for this weekend (and absent from my blog) but if you want to send me the drawings, my email address is hapasztor@embarqmail.com i will def. post them in my next blog entry! thanks so much! =D

Nicky said...

thankyou so much! I feel so special having you a fabulous blogger take time to draw outfits influenced by my style! Such a great idea too! I wish I was as great as you at sketching.. sketching is my other passion but I tend to obsess over one picture for about a week until it's perfect hence my sketchbook being almost half empty ;)
Thankyou SO MUCH Roz all the pictures are beautiful.
x xx
you don't mind me putting the pic on my blog do you? I will link you and everything :)

kpeach said...

so cool-really shows how these ladies have such distinctive styles

CHICMUSE said...

REALLY LOVE THESE ONES. GREAT DRAWINS!




XX
CHICMUSE

Alice said...

I think your blog and your ideas are amazing! You're so inspirational.

Trade links???
www.littlemisslondon09.blogspot.com

PS your photography is incredible...

mariĆ¹ said...

hey! great job! Compliments!

Jacqueline said...

wow, i just found your blog and you are amazing. I love your drawings. you are so talented!

Jacqueline
xoxo

www.fashionsnag.com

playwithfashion said...

Great drawings, like Your blog!

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Gorgeous illustrations! I loved seeing all my favorite bloggers in them. You are VERY talented, girl!

Raez said...

love them all, you did a great job! and i'm honoured to be your muse;)

xx raez

Leproust Vintage said...

I LOVE this idea! It is so creative and innovative!

Yes, my giveaway is definitely open to international readers....last giveaway I shipped to Indonesia!

A. said...

This is super cute! I love this idea :)

-Allie!
missmaterialist.blogspot.com

nycrun said...

wow what drawings
http://nycrunfashion.blogspot.com

Kaz said...

Omgsh WOW. you're amazingly talented! all those sketches look beautiful and I would totally wear them if they were real clothes in stores!!

and lovely blog as well! I love the photos in the lake! and that dress from the previous post! I hope you have a ball to go to soon so you can wear it!

x

Kendra said...

Love the sketchs, very talented

http://stoleninspiration.blogspot.com/

karla said...

THANKS SO MUCH! very sweeeeet of you, i love it!

Pearl Westwood said...

What a lovely idea Roz, and so much thought put into it, I can definately see the bloggers in the outfits you designed. I love Tavi's!
Pearl x
http://fashionpearlsofwisdom.blogspot.com/

styleodyssey said...

these are wonderful. i am familiar with several of these blogs, and must say, your drawings really suit their style personalities! this project must've taken you ages. well done!

AY AY AY said...

wow! these are amazing!
i love the 'lips of london' one especially :D
xx

http://benicetothequeendear.blogspot.com/

Panda said...

You are pretty freakin' awesome! I LOVE your blog, and these sketches are really good. Wish i could draw as well as you! Anyways, i'm friends with Nicky, and just saw your blog, so i was like, CLICKCLICKYCLICK :D

Awesome. Love you posing in thee river. I would pose in my moat but it's kinda icky...

Panda xx

Samantha Simple said...

You are wonderful and such a talent. Keep it up!

http://samanthasimple.blogspot.com/

polka dot (Jill Carin Adams) said...

My goodness, Roz, this is brilliant & so original & well thought out. I must get ready for my first street style fashion shoot - the thing I want you to do - so will come back and look at it properly later. But before I leave, I have to put something on my sidebar about this. You are so talented!!

Oh just remembered I tagged you for an award but between this & school I'm guessing you're a bit busy. No rush, no guilt if you can't do it. It's on my sidebar, too.

jCx

Style Bird said...

Love the sketches.

Andie said...

what amazing sketches!! im an aspiring fashion desginer too! but you draw/sketch so much better than me. most of the time i refer to template and that doesnt really give me much a sense of achievment, oh how i envy you

http://blair-waldork.blogspot.com

Ashleigh said...

so awesome!! you have some amazing talent ;)
xx

Kaye A said...

Gosh, you're skills are on point! I'm an aspiring fashion designer.... and I'm also I huge procrastinator lOl. But your sketches have inspired me to get up and design something! Thanks a bunch :- ) Btw, how long did it take you to finish those sketches?

-KAYE ANISSA KA,USA
http://www.ka-usa.blogspot.com

Girl With The Bow Tie said...

I still love all of these sketches! And I was scrolling through your blog and I love all your outfits and photos - the water shots are amazing!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
girlwiththebowtie.blogspot.com

Sylvia said...

This is so amazing! You have such talent. I think you totally captured Adela and Raez. I really just love it!

Naddy Sane said...

Beautiful sketches. :D

please check out my blog, i really need comments on my latest post. on london fashion culture, to help me with an essay. xD

nad xx

Amelia said...

What a great concept! You've captured all these bloggers really well :)

Marcine said...

Such great drawings.

SILENTVOLCANO said...

you've got talents as designer, model and as a stylist at the same time. Love you
http://goldbydefault.blogspot.com

Ruxandra said...

Everytime i look on your log it's like opening a magazine: beautiful photographs[editorials i would say], amazing sketches and nice stories.have a lovely weekend.