Sunday, 11 October 2009

Boots not made for walking










































































































Hi everyone. You may shout at me for not being very responsive lately (blog posts and replying to all you lovely people) but please don't as I'm feeling a bit fragile and tired.
Two weeks ago we spent the weekend in Bristol with friends. City Life! People! Civilisation! This demanded.. serious boots (the kind I never get to wear in the rural hills-for obvious reasons.)
The aforementioned boots have been posted before, in monochrome, but hell they needed visit away from my shoe shrine collection! So off we trotted- me and the the topshop spiky heels to suitable locations in the city. Mind you, once I'd laced myself into them I realised that I was restricted to about a 20 yard radius! These are the pefectboots to admire, sit down or stand up- but not exactly suitable for pounding the pavements...
The hole in the wall provided a useful frame in a nearby carpark, and I loved balancing on the wall outside my friend's house!
The backdrop of the last boot shot was taken, barefoot, back at home, after an incredibly active weekend.
In the majority of the shots I'm wearing a much loved (to the extent that some of the buttons are missing) two sizes too big charity shop Jaeger blazer. It's belted in with a 30p leather vintage belt, also thrifted. Miss Selfridge knitted dress and favourite tartan tights/ indigo skinny jeans.
The final shot was my little homage to the shoulder pads of this season paired with a homemade lace t-shirt. All jewerelly family vintage pieces.
And of course, the boots! They were £20 down from £80 in my best ever topshop sale find.
I'll be back to normal soon with more country posts coming this way...

27 comments:

Tati said...

OH MY LORD THOSE ARE HIGH BOOTS!
the pics looks so very cute...I would love a pair of boots like those but I think I would have trouble finding time to wear them.
I think I'm too inlove with my slippers which i wear every morning =]
my favorite pic is the one where ur in that brick circle thing
XX

theTrendyDwarf said...

You are literally going to kill me with your leggings! I am in love with them! Your boots as well are the coolest! You have such a unique style! For some reason your clothing or more like the way you style yourself reminds me of(and I am repeating myself) a medieval princess brought to the 21st century and mixed with the chicness of today. It is extremely cool! Super refreshing to see your choice of styling. I love all your posts! They're just so cool!
check out my trendy blog!
http://thetrendydwarf.blogspot.com/

Dithyramb said...

Boots love you! But they do look a bit precarious. What do you use to cushion when you are forced to wear skyscrapers out and about?

http://thedithyramb.blogspot.com/

thatsorad said...

Dude! I love your stockings!! Awesome pics!!!!

simone! said...

I can't wear high heels for everyday wear for my life, but you are just looking loooovely. That brick circle in the wall is just fabulous!

polobandit said...

I found a link to your blog by way of Sea of Shoes. I immediately fell in love with your photography and modeling. Great job on the blog and for having a unique point of view.

<3 Theo

Jocelynne said...

AMAZING BOOTS! I love all of the different shots, too, especially the last one with the boots around your neck :) xx

Zhcsyra hp said...

WHOOA.,.UR STYLE IS FANTASTIC,
AMAZING UR OUTFITS,.fabulous shoes,lovely ur tights and awesome ur blazer <333

Dylana said...

Love your boots!

colormenana.blogspot.com

June Paski said...

Im always love ur photos, great colors combination in very clothes, and the things that make this outfits great are the tights and shoes, they're amazin :)

xxxx

Jacqueline said...

Love your boots! I like all the different shades of grey in this outfit. Beautiful!

www.FashionSnag.com

evi said...

such a fantastic blazer!
I like your shoes too
take a glance at my blog stylish girl
xx
http://eumorfias.blogspot.com

jess said...

I love your tights.

girl by the whirlpool said...

sweet plaid leggings, they look awesome with the boots! I'm getting really into shorter/ankle boots myself :)

YARDEN said...

Awesome boots !@

_____________
http://yardenisinthehouse.blogspot.com/

Janice (jambam) said...

thank you for the follow!
this is great, i love your tights x

Myne Whitman said...

I like the boots, plaid and that second picture in the circular frame. You have great style.

lamodedejuline said...

really loving your tights.
http://lamodedejuline.blogspot.com

Joan D. said...

Those leggings are stunnig and fit perfectly with the outfit! Yeah! Hats off!

Love your blog. I become a new follower!

www.elarmariodemichica.blogspot.com

styleodyssey said...

Beautiful boots- too bad they're hard to wear. I've got a few pairs of similarly uncomfortable footwear, which I wear for short outings- if they're gorgeous, they're worth it, as long as one remembers not to wear them to, say, the mall!
I LOVE your tartan tights!!!

Lani said...

I'm so in love with your blog and this outfit! I wish I could find a pair of boots like those but I've been having trouble. You're my new favorite blog :)

Amelia said...

I love those tights! These pictures are really cool, especially the 6th.

Melissa~ said...

your boots are gorgeous!
I love the colors of your outfit.

Adela said...

those shoes are AMAZING!!! i love the pics behind bars and in the brick wall decoration! btw, i added you as a friend on facebook! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Jessica said...

Gorgeous blazer!! I love those tartan tights paired with the heeled boots!! =)

Lauren said...

wow, i love everything about this outfit! the blazer, boots, and plaid tights are so perfect. also, you went to bristol? my very best friend goes to uni at the university of bristol. he loves it. i visited him last spring - it is such a wonderful city. :)

Shopper said...

That shoes are great! I want the same!