Sunday, 18 October 2009

Red Riding Hood
























































































































The first thing I have to do here is express the amount of excitement about my new camera (okay, well it's actually mine and my dad's camera, but I just like the way I can say it's mine.) Eeeeeeee!
Okay, now I can carry on with the blog post. So these are the first batch of photos taken on said camera- a Canon 5D to be precise. They were done on an autumn afternoon at a nearby favourite place to walk. It used to be an iron age fort and had views across most of the county.
But on to the outfit! This stunning satin red evening coat was purchased by my Czech Great-Grandma (paternal) in Washinton D.C, America in 1966. I believe it was bought for an important reception.
The vibrancy of the coat complimented the colourful leaves falling around me.
When the coat found its way to me, Babi (my grandma) referred to it as 'The Balenciaga Style Coat.'
As you can probably tell from the nature of my shoots, I love the fantastical, the surreal, myths
and fairytales. I'm really inspired by Tim Walker's photography and I love planning the use of contrast in the resulting photos- even if I'm not taking them! Hence, an evening coat in a wood.
I can't believe the quality of the photos taken with this lens.. I think I'm in love!
The black dress is a WareHouse one found in a charity shop by my mum, the boots (my favourite of the moment!) are also charity shopped and the necklace made from freshly picked berries and leaves was the creation of my lovely mum!
I'd also like to quickly say a huge thankyou to the following people for giving me blog awards..
-Jill of http://streetstylelondon.blogspot.com/ for the 'Over The Top Award.'
-Sophie of http://beautiful-rampage.blogspot.com/ for the 'I think You are an awesome Girl'
-http://expensive-junk.blogspot.com/ (Sorry, didn't know your name) for the 'Splash Award'
I'm sure there was someone else too, but I've completely forgotten. If there is, could you please make yourself known so I can give you credit?
Thankyou so much to all of you! It's really lovely to be acknowledged..
One other thing, I now have over 150 followers. I' really like to thank every single one of you for taking the time to follow me. I can't believe that I didn't even have a blog a few months ago!

22 comments:

thatsorad said...

so Gothic! Love it!

Tati said...

these are stunning!
did you get the september issue of vogue? They have a little red riding hood spread and it reminded me of this shoot you did.
XX

Jacqueline said...

Love your photos! Congrats on the new camera too =) The coat is beautiful on you.

www.FashionSnag.com

Ash Fox said...

you look so beautiful. love that long jacket!

x

www.tittees.blogspot.com

Vera and Rudy said...

Wow! I like the way you look and I like how your write! Keep it up! Your follower Babi

Dylana said...

Beautiful pictures! So striking!

colormenana.blogspot.com

Natalie said...

This is so cute! love the theme of this!! that red dress is amazing on u :)

xoxo

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

Laura Gerencser said...

Love these pictures!!!!

Sher said...

Congrats on the new cam! You look lovely in red!!

Leproust Vintage said...

New cameras are so much fun! I love the contrast of the red dress with all of the greenery! Beautiful!

June Paski said...

love ur coat, I love the colors of it and great idea combine it with the black dress

congrats for have awesome camera, I really want have canon eos 5D, ur so lucky love

xxx

Adela said...

gorgeous photos! i love the contrast of the red dress against the green background! and that's totally OK about the facebook thing-i can def see your point! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Congrats on the new camera! The photos are lovely. That red evening coat is GORGEOUS. And I love the story behind it. Obviously great fashion taste runs in the family. ;)

June Paski said...

thank youu :)

I'm so lucky when saw that pattern in fabrics store, I can't stop smile when sewing it :p

yah I really interest with making clothes, I sewing clothes every weekend, I have a dream to make my own label somedays, wish me luck :)

xxx

Jazz said...

I especially love the 4th picture , the shadow-yness gives it a beautiful feel. Such beautiful photographs! xx

Cindy said...

I love the photos.
What kind of camera did you use before?

lottiebird.blogspot.com

FashionJazz said...

Wow, amazing pics, congrats on ur camera!!!! xx

CC said...

These photos are all so gorgeous. And you look *amazing*. ;)

Xx

maverickandlove said...

that coat is so amazing! looks like a valentino!

polka dot (Jill Carin Adams) said...

Wow, Roz, I had only come here to thank you for your lovely sweet comment, and then I saw this new post!! Gorgeous shots, and congrats to you (& your dad!) for your new camera. As you know I was really resistant to getting a digital camera and mine is a Canon, too (I'm not sure the number - it's EOS?)
Anyway: altho I said I never wear red, your grandmother's coat is just gorgeous on you. Is there any way of finding out what your grandmother was doing at a reception in DC in 1966? I'm so curious.

Sorry for such a long comment - AGAIN ; ) & thanks for the thank you! Wish there was a way I could shorten my sign off - I'm stuck with such a long one.

jill xoxo

girl by the whirlpool said...

you look stunning in that red! it's a great contrast with your hair

B a r t a b a c said...

Hey...I love your style, your photos, all!!!I'm so happy for know your blog. I invite you to my blog, tell me what do you think!

www.bartabacmode.com

Kisses from Spain