Thursday, 28 January 2010

The Red Shoes


It is nearly the end of another week, and I have been waiting for a free moment to post these photos.

I went to an event called the Clothes Show back at the beginning of December, which has hundreds of clothes stalls and a fashion catwalk show. I trawled through loads of items before finding this coat. I first saw it in white for a higher price, before extracting this from a massive rail of clothes- I think it was the interesting text/ story print coupled with my love of literature that made me go for it. It is a piece from a sample sale- making it quite unique! I love the interesting shape of the coat, and the details such as the patterned buttons and a ladybird print lining. It was the only thing I bought there, and worth every penny.
Now one of the main features of the coat is the columns of writing. It talks of childhood memories, and a pair of special Red Shoes. So I had to wait to actually get a pair before shooting it! These vintage ones came up on Ebay, but I wasn't initially sure about them from the picture,so I didn't bid on them. However, three weeks later and they turned up in a package on our doorstep! They had been relisted, so mum bought them anyway. And guess who they fitted perfectly? A big thank you to mum! The only trouble is, I'm not allowed to stomp around the house in them as the heels are steel tipped- denting our floors would not make me popular.
The red gloves are thrifted, and the little black dress underneath is from my fruitful Bristol charity shop-athon I had at the end of the christmas holidays.
The photos were taken while on a nearby walk in an area of outstanding natural beauty, and it was the perfect day.

I have recieved quite a few more blog awards recently, so a big thank you to the Trendy Fashionista and Sofie Marie for those. If there was anyone else who did too then please tell me as I am keen to acknowledge you.
I have been spending the week doing some designs based on the Red Shoes (the film) and learning a five hundred word french essay! So it's been nice to have some relaxing time to do a post- I really enjoy doing them.
Oh, and recently I gained my five hundreth follower... Thank you so very much to all of you who have taken the time to look at my blog, or comment on it. It realy means a lot to me, and I can't believe I only started it in June!



On a final note, isn't this picture that Cecile of http://www.cecilemancion.com/blog/ did for me just wonderful? I really love her attention for detail and the way she captured my face- so a huge thank you to her, she is clearly very talented as the rest of her blog shows.

37 comments:

Fuksjanna said...

You look beutiful in this coat!

ps.& I would to say that I like visiting your blog, becouse you always show something different than others & you chose amazing places with beautiful views for making your photo sessions. This is great! :)

♥Lola said...

Love the red, looks pretty with the dress :)

Ellie Grace said...

Beautiful painting, beautiful clothes, and don't even get me started on those shoes... Fabulous.

Always,
Ellie Grace

dancinginchiffon said...

gorgeous red shoes darling!

Hannah said...

I just love your blog. All your outfits aren't just cute- they're creative and they seem to have such good stories behind them.
Besides that, the photographs are stellar.
Is that what you attribute to your success as a blogger?

AVY said...

Love the gloves.

Lemondrop Marie said...

Lovely photos, and what a gorgeous potrait! You'll always love that-love the shoes and gloves.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Tiny Quirks said...

love your shoes! and wow, that's a lot of french! if you didn't see i tagged you in my blogger award as well. go to my blog to recieve your award, congrats!

Rosie said...

When are we going to see you on the runways or on the cover of Vogue?!? Gosh darn girl, you're looking lovely as ever!

Irene° said...

oh I love your blog and style..if you want take a look at mine!!!

C├ęcile said...

Roz, if you want, I can send you the drawing in a better resolution or even send you a print of it, just tell me by e-mail.

And I love your coat, it's amazing !

Jinxye said...

Beatiful coat and awesome landscape *_*
Ah, and the Cecile's drawing is amazing!
I've known your blog about two weeks ago. Result: It's now my home page, hahaha! I'm always waiting for your fashion updates and your great shots! So, byeee! Xoxo from your BIG FAN from Brazil :D

daisymay said...

That picture of you is beautiful!! And the jacket is awesome. I love the clothes show, but havent been able to go for a few years now!

styleodyssey said...

wonderful post: glorious pops of red, pretty painting of you, and that coat!!!! well done finding such an item- it's quite unusual.

congrats on 500 followers!

Serina said...

I keep meaning to go to the clothes show but never get round to it!

The coat is so cool! I didnt realise at first until I read your post, but after I looked closer, i realised!

I really like the seventh one down, with the scenery in the background.

x

Ash Fox said...

your photos are always sooo stunning!

orientalmunchkin said...

THOSE SHOES ARE GORGEOUS

Kat said...

i love red shoes :)

oh, and the illustration of you is fantastic, i really like the style of it!

Pearl Westwood said...

Oh god I have an area of floor that I ruined with vintage steel heels, they are a demon! I adore the red shoes film apparently they just digitally remastered it, so I really want to get it! You really got lucky with your lovely coat x

Serina said...

Thank you for the comment :) Much appreciated :) I love the one with the phonebox too, those telephone boxes are kind of something that defines london aren't they?

Serina x

Roberto said...

Belle foto, ottimo outfit!
Un abbraccio
Roberto

http://design-with-love.blogspot.com/

RMb said...

lovely! :)

The Trendy Fashionista said...

Amazing! I love your red shoes and gloves. The painting is gorgeous too.

-The Trendy Fashionista
http://thetrendyfashionista.blogspot.com

Carly said...

Lovely outfit yet again.

www.dressedupdown.blogspot.com

I've just started my blog, it needs to lovely friends like you.

x x x

Jessica said...

Such a pretty dress. The red shoes and gloves look great with it.

shoeless simone said...

Amazing gloves! You're so pretty, you look like a younger Winona Ryder, you've probably heard that before :)

-Shoeless Simone

SJ said...

What a cool jacket! Thanks for checking out my blog!
I am following yours!

www.pearledpenguin.blogspot.com

quirkyfashion said...

I like the way you match your shoes with the gloves. And you have a beautiful face!

Milly. said...

Wow that painting is absolutely amazing! She's very talented.
I also love how you do your photoshoots - mine are so boring...!

Xx

Milly. said...

Wow that painting is stunning, she's very talented...!
Also love your photoshoots, mine are so boring!

Xx

MELISSA Z. said...

I've just discovered your blog and I love it! You've a great style!

If you want check out my blog and leave a comment, thanks a lot.

www.abitoffashion.com

Mary Jane said...

you always dress so chic!!! the red on the hands and the feet draws the eye from head to toe, you'd be perfect for a harper's bazaar magazine stylist!
i added you to my blog roll :D

Wendy said...

You so need to model, seriously!

Pia said...

gorgeous sketch of you!

MissT said...

Vintage Red!!! Stunning!

MissT
www.misstfashion.blogspot.com

Krimly said...

lov so much your red gloves!! You're so pretty! and the pictures are gorgeous!!

xoxo
mycherrygum.blogspot.com

larry p said...

omg u have vry unique fashion sense...but yr photos couldve look bttr if yr face 'look for the lights'...u r absolutely good x get me wrong..jst 4 suggestion :)