Thursday, 18 March 2010

Daddy, I want a pony

This post is another that has been a long time in the making. I have been wanting to do an equestrian themed outfit for a while now, but never got round to putting the plan into action. Considering I live in the countryside, it would have been good if I could have borrowed an actual horse, but that would require a lot of planning and work to sort out! So in the end my dad settled for taking photos of me on an ancient bridleway. Oh well, maybe an idea for another shoot. Maybe a take on 'Dovima with elephants?' 'Roz with horses!'
I love this pale pink silk shirt. I have somewhat of an affinity with silk shirts - probably one of my most searched terms on ebay! This one is thrifted, and is so comfortable to wear. It also instantly gives a little chic to some simple skinny jeans, or in this case jodhpurs...
These black jodhpurs have been languishing in my dressing up box for a number of years, probably ever since my last horse riding lesson. (I went through a bit of a horse phase when I was younger.) So imagine my surprise when I found that they still fitted! I quite like the fact that you can wear them in the same way as tailored trousers - they're even the perfect ankle grazing length daahling! I ended up wearing them around the house with a big jumper that evening. The new leggings maybe?
The grey riding jacket was thrifted too, for £2! Finds like this make me happy, and reinforce my faith yet again in the old and well loved charity shop. It is suberbly tailored and has a beautiful dusky turquoise satin lining. I'm not sure what era it is though. Any suggestions?
The shoes were also thrifted, and are Italian made. They have this really pretty white stitching detail around the edges. I was given the vintage top hat for christmas and the necklaces have various origins.
It was so windy when we doing the photos, meaning that half of the time I was frantically trying to halt large quantities of hair blowing across my face and making me look like some kind of smartly dressed werewolf!

The title refers to one of Luella's first ever shows. She always had the best show names! I was an ardent admirer of her, both as a designer and a person. I think it is so sad that the company had to then cease trading. I know that this is kind of old news now, but I hope she does something else exciting with her talent in the future...

Thank you for all your sweet comments on my interview post, I'm sure Judy would appreciate them! (And so did I.) Also thanks to the Trendy Fashionista for giving me a blog award. I'm flattered..

Edit: I am going away for the weekend now, but I'm looking forward to catching up and replying to all those lovely comments when I get back! And in response to a few questions, the lighting in my photos is always natural.

41 comments:

FASHION SNAG said...

I love this equestrian outfit. The blazer is divine. Great photos. The sky looks beautiful. xo

www.FashionSnag.com

Carly said...

ROZ!!!!!! This has got to be the most amazing shoot you've done, i adore it. Especially the equestrian theme, it reminds me of my younger days riding my ponies. Good memories!

Your legs look soooo long. Super model in the making?
Another great post, tell your dad his photos are excellent.

Lots of love, Carly.

www.dressedupdown.blogspot.com

♥Lola said...

Love love the jacket, it's gorgeous :)

Laura said...

I like the hat !!

Laura Gerencser said...

Love it!! Great jacket!!

Julia said...

I love this shoot and the composition of the photos! You look great, I especially like how you made a more classic outfit look modern and exciting!

xoxo
www.fashioneye.typepad.com

fashion fletcher said...

I always enjoy reading your blog! You have such good photos and make a great model! I hope to visit England one day! Please come visit and follow!

http://thefashionsalute.blogspot.com/
http://thefashionsalute.blogspot.com/
http://thefashionsalute.blogspot.com/

Allie said...

Girl! but you look pretty in pictures! very good theme, I love horses and riding:)
Your father is definitely one of the best photographers who "know" give my congratulations, I insist that you make an explosive pair!
Another thing I love this adorable post is your hat and jacket! they are cooooooooooool
I would like you to do a session based on Alice In Wonderland, or rather in The Mad Hat, would be very good.
Well, pretty girl, I gotta go.
A big kiss to you and your Dad.
Blessings!

Emma Jade said...

Gorgeous photos and great great outfit!
The only thing you need now is elbow pads... oh and a horse :D
xxx

adrielleroyale said...

My lord you have LONG legs girl!! :) I love the combo of textures you have going on and what a great jacket! I seriously want to move to wherever you are, the scenery is so fantastic. You capture your looks so well and your father is an excellent photographer. Anyway, again thanks for sharing!

Lemondrop Marie said...

What gorgeous photos, love the shot of you standing in the lane, it's just so lovely.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Style Artisan said...

You and your dad make an amazing team!

I love the moody feeling that comes through in many of these pictures because of the sky and the lighting. There is a sense that a storm is brewing and there is an inherent sense of danger perhaps.

I'm wondering if the jacket is from the 90's. It seems to have a bit of an extended shoulder paired with a nipped in waist. I wore a similar style in a recent equestrian post. Great minds think alike! You are just younger and more beautiful! :)

Natalie said...

that last photo seriously belongs in your model portfolio! its so gorgeous! :))

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

Lucy Laucht said...

Oh my the light in those photos is amazing, and I love the theme of the shots. I'm a from england but currently live in Australia, these photos make me so nostalgic for the beautiful English countryside

Lucy Laucht: Daily style & inspiration

polka dot said...

Oh I've missed some great posts! I love this & will return soon to look more carefully. I thought that title was clever & I do remember it now.. I'll send you an email about this later, I got all involved in trying to help her company financially. Small world.

Speaking of, check out my post today (the wonderful world of Nao ; )

Must run - have a lovely day Roz!! xox

Greetz from Tiz said...

All your pictures are so beautiful! Your blog is lovely...I will link you in my blog!
have a good week-end!
Greetz

Sarah said...

You are true model potential! I love how you find so many thrifted gems! Amazing blog.

thrfrontcover.blogspot.com

Eleanor said...

The black and white photo is breathtaking!
It looks like it came straight off the pages of Vogue or Harper's.
Well done!

http://shoppingthecloset.blogspot.com

Karen said...

I've just come across you blog and really love your style, the pictures in this post are just divine and I love that jacket!!

Karen

http://undone-glamour.blogspot.com/

FrouFrouu said...

Stunning location and shoot - you and your dad make quite the team. Glad to have discovered your blog :)

Sutton said...

once again, your images are lovely! very classic equestrian...

The Lady Nerd said...

I'll go ahead and join the ranks of those who compliment you as a fantastic model. You have a great sense of posing (not to mention showing off your assets. You really know how to show off those long legs to the camera). Speaking of legs, kudos on the jodphurs! I've been trying to find a decent pair, but alas living in Middle America doesn't seem to lend much to finding a pair.

Fantastic lighting! I remember last time I asked you said the lighting was natural. Is it natural again here or was there a fill light involved? If not wow....you must have just hit a perfect time of evening to shoot. The contrast in the sky vs. ground in the first and third is exquisite!

Sue said...

You are fantastic!!!

the jacket is incredible! i've never entered a charity shop, but now I think I must do it.

By the way, amazing shoot, your dad is a great photographer!

frances said...

This is amazing (AMAZING).

maureen- said...

beautifull pictures you have !
xx www.maaureeen.blogspot.com

Pearl Westwood said...

Love the jodhpurs we had a stage when I was at high school when it was cool to wear them instead of leggings! The top hat is toooo fab xx

lauren lanza osias said...

i can't believe you thrifted those pieces. jealousy. the pink shirt just makes this perfection. i die.

http://laurenlanzaosias.blogspot.com

EquestrianPrincess said...

your legs look miles long!! lucky(: wonderful photos, as usual

getobsessed.blogspot.com

Rae said...

This post is beautiful!!! Your outfit is amazing!!!

<3
Take a walk on a Rae of Sunshine:
http://alittle-rae-ofsunshine.blogspot.com/
http://alittle-rae-ofsunshine.blogspot.com/

The CultureCynic said...

this is beautiful in the most beautifulest of ways!!! u r quite stunning.

shoeless simone said...

The setting in this is amazing!! And I love the blazer

-Shoeless Simone

EquestrianPrincess said...

i just read your whole little thing.. i ride horses! and show. and im always incorporating my equestrian apparel into my regular outfits(: and i certainly would have loved to get my show jacket as cheap as that! hah

getobsessed.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

Love the top hat!

Quirkygirl said...

Love your outfit!! it's amazing, it reminds me of the Dior Haute Couture 10 collection!

fashionismysoulmate.blogspot.com

Mademoiselle H said...

Nice pictures!

Jay said...

You look fantastic! Your legs go on forever, and this outfit is gorgeous.

Catherine said...

You are amazing! I love everything about these pictures. Your scenery and outfits are always so wonderful.

WildFlower said...

Your poise and elegance always amazes me! I found a pair of horse riding pants in my local Salvos last winter and I wore them no-stop they are mos def the new leggings!!!! Ultra comfy and warm. I have to ask...are you a dancer at all...or have you modeled before?? The last photo is straight out of Vogue...for real!!!!!

Joelle said...

Ok your fashion is AMAZING!!
feel free to check out mine/follow if possible!! :)
http://joelle-londonlover.blogspot.com/

Joelle
XxX

Patricia fernè said...

WOW love the photos !!!!

vio said...

wow!