Monday, 26 April 2010

Purple Shaded






I'm taking a brief interlude from my usual self-styled posts to show you something I did a while back (Last summer actually - gosh, how time flies!) It was originally done as a test shoot before it was submitted to 'Baby Baby Baby' magazine. It is more of a lookbook than magazine - full of quirky shoots by various photographers and much of the photography in that issue was quite reminiscent of Juergen Teller's style. I believe the mag is stocked mostly in American Apparel?
Anyway, the photographer I worked with is called Aya Sekine - some of my very long time readers may recognize her name, as she's same photographer that I did a So-en shoot with, (featured on this blog a long while back.)
The stylist is also a familiar name:  Nao Koyabu (also from the So-en shoot) who put me in these gorgeous items! I love the fact that she has a real penchant for vintage (you'll notice quite a few items stocked from Beyond Retro - one of my favourite places to visit in London) and unique/ one off pieces. And she likes ankle socks, which is always a good thing!
On another tangent, isn't it amazing how small the world is sometimes? Nao has been featured several times on Polka Dot Street Style Jill's blog, for her amazing personal style. You can see one of the posts here..

This shoot holds quite a special resonance for me, as all the shots were taken in my Grandma's home. My Babi's (Czech for grandma) flat is one of those amazing places that feels almost like a time warp - from an ornate antique rug to genuine sixties chairs and an original iconic Beatles lamp. There's always plenty to look at and use as inspiration!
I think my favourite outfit was the pleated pink dress with the little bolero and flower headband - a great colour combination.
I've found myself loving dusky pink colours at the moment, so I wonder if this influenced that feeling at all?

Copyright: Aya Sekine & Nao Koyabu
Thanks to Select Model Management

Edit: Sorry, I've had to crop quite a few of the photos so they fitted the blogger template. Apologies!
Oh, and also - these photos are completely 'au natural'. I'm wearing absolutely no make-up.. I've just noticed how much shorter my hair iwas too!

26 comments:

Natalie said...

i love this so much! and baby,baby,baby is such a cute magazine! :)

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

Miixxturee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FASHION SNAG said...

Beautiful! I Love all your outfits as well. x

www.FashionSnag.com

spoozyliciouzz said...

The series of pictures looks like dating back from the early 80s...very cool effect, i like it.

Olivia Isabella. said...

Gorgeous shoot. Love the purple bolero in the first shot - the lace peter pan colar is beautiful!
http://unionolivia.blogspot.com/

Is ♥ La 5th con Bleecker st. said...

how do you do these awesome pics? are totally amazing!

styleodyssey said...

I really like this type of photo and the editing (grainy, sort of a distant, time-worn feel, like what happens when you scan an old polaroid).
Beautiful! I've seen those posts on Nao; She's got the coolest style, and she's obviously very talented.

Endy said...

beautiful!!!

tywo said...

I love all the outfits.

LOVE!

fashion fletcher said...

you are beautiful! i always enjoy reading your blog! Please visit mine I would like to exchange links please!

http://thefashionsalute.blogspot.com/
http://thefashionsalute.blogspot.com/
http://thefashionsalute.blogspot.com/

Tiny Quirks said...

these photographs are fantastic! and you look amazing. i've never heard of baby baby baby but i'm going to go look it up now!

the style crusader said...

these are gorgeous. i love the retro feel to them. xx

Kate said...

Beautiful snaps!

xx

Lisa said...

So beautiful!

starcakeastrology.blogspot.com said...

these are dreamy

Elliejane.x said...

I love your hair in these and the shades of purple in the outfits x


http://observationsthroughthelookingglass.blogspot.com/

fashionist__ahead said...

very beautiful..
:)

Pearl Westwood said...

Love the grainey look to the photos, I have never seen that Mag will have to look out for it x

BattyNora said...

oh wow i love the faded style of the shots! Your grandmother's flat is absolutely gorgeous. i also love the feel of the whole shoot- very nostalgic/washed out pretty but also a bit unfocused and claustrophobic? The dustiness is really beautiful but at the same time quite melancholy.
I so want to make the purple headband out of quality street wrappers :)
Gorgeous!
xo

TC said...

beautiful, I especially love the third shot

sitronsur said...

Love the pictures! you have a greate talent.

ronel1217 said...

so awesome..like these :)

Other blog's
http://ronelworld.com
http://iamronel.com
http://ronelmarin.com

Alexandra said...

How lovely those photos are! The blending of the vintage decoration/art and fashion is wonderfully done.

Cheers,
Alexandra
http://socialmediasalon.wordpress.com/

Fashlynable said...

These are awesome! :).

Miss Violet Bell said...

I just discovered your blog and love it, I am following! :)
All of your photos are simply gorgeous, and you have a wonderful style.. Love, love, love it.

Miss Violet Bell.xx

Shallow Mallow said...

What a beautiful location your Grandma's place makes! Love the pictures, so dreamy :-)