Friday, 4 June 2010

Where sky meets leaf


What a wonderful half term holiday - full of sun, sea, good food and photography. Pretty much my idea of perfect!

This outfit was an interesting exercise in restraint - notice my lack of accessories. Now, as any long time readers of my blog might recognize this is pretty unusual for me. No hats, gloves, necklaces, rings, bracelets or bags? Rather a challenge in minimalism! Some people's comfort zone might be a favourite pair of jeans. Mine is a string or two of faux pearls or a vintage pendant!

However, with the vibrant colour of this jumper it just didn't really need embellishment. I bought it in a charity shop during winter, and have found it to be a great, versatile piece. It works nicely with either jeans, a crocheted shirt, loafers and silk scarf tied in my hair (my idea of 'dressing down') or as shown here, with a lace dress.
The lace dress underneath is (of course) also from a charity shop. I like the slightly scalloped edge at the bottom, and the dusky pink layer underneath. You might recognize it from my last post with the gorgeous Zoe (Forgotten dressing up box). It just happens to work rather well under cosy jumpers!
I cinched it with a thrifted Tommy Hilfiger belt - notice the visible stitching detail around the edge. (Well, there had to be a little detail somewhere!) The wedges were also from my favourite little boutique.. Can you guess where? Another charity shop! (Well I never..)
 Altogether, this outfit probably cost about £12.

My mum took these photos in a gorgeous wood while we were on holiday with friends. We found a lovely old gnarled tree which provided great framing for the majority of shots!
While they were busy wild swimming in a river and being attacked by midges, we loitered among the trees. However, I managed lots of dips in the bracing welsh sea. Nothing like plunging into a mountain waterfall or crashing waves to give you an adrenaline rush!

Thank you for all your lovely comments and birthday wishes on my last post, they were much appreciated!





30 comments:

Dina-Dyorre said...

I adore every single post of yours, Roz! I might just be assuming but it seems we've got so much in common, especially in our love for nature and travelling (and, more importantly, everything old-fashioned...). But anyway, fantastic captures/outfit is my point! You seem to have endless legs of which I am insanely jealous, haha. Can't wait to see your Chanel dress, hope you post it soon! xx

Darling L said...

That jumper look so great on you :) Adorable, as always

mirror said...

ooh, i LOVE that blue top. it looks really great on you. are you an actual model? because you really look like one! :)
-M-

Closet Fashionista said...

You look great!! :D Yea, its weird seeing you in something so simple, but I love it ! :D
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

Chloe said...

Glad you're having a great half term, Roz. Because - really - what else is there to crave after when you've got sun, sea, good food and photography?!
This outfit is lovely, of course, as you definitely suit both minimalist chic and also extravagant grandeosity. I really like the vibrant blue with the delicate lace, all topped off with a great belt to cinch everything together. It's definitely a different look for you, but like I said, it really works!

Another thing I've noticed if the interesting similarity in your photos and your text accompaniment. This time, you've left a bit of writing out, but this in no way detracts from the outfit or the blog post as a whole. Not sure if this is intentional or not, but I think it adds to the look overall. I am always a fan of your prolix blog posts, since you have a way with words, but this is also great!

Chloe

Fashionista- I am your fashion mannequin said...

you are a really pretty girl!!

the Citizen Rosebud said...

I thought these pics looked a bit different than normal but you're the same amazing beauty. Nice exercise in minimal, loving the subtle detail and the sweet azure blue color on the sweater. And your mom taking the pictures! Awesome. Her style is different from your pops, but good. Looking forward to your next posts, as they are always inspirational. xo. -Bella Q
http://www.thecitizenrosebud.com

styleodyssey said...

beautiful, roz...scenery is pretty, too.
i adore that lace dress!

Tati said...

love your outfit Roz! you look great! your shoes are fabulous. Love the scenery too. absolutely stunning :)

Elliejane.x said...

I love the lace dress, it works so well with the jumper, I really envy your knack of being able to find these treasures in charity shops, my own attempts are never so fruitful! x

http://observationsthroughthelookingglass.blogspot.com/

Juliet said...

Love your blue shirt!
amazing outfit!:)
Your style is really fantastic!
xxx

Sutton said...

these photos are like a dream!!

ps~ having a missoni give-a-way on my site, check it out! http://bit.ly/9CPLy0

Go With The Flo said...

the lace dress is rather beautiful

Lydia said...

Beautiful.
That dress is so pretty.

Lydia xxx

danniekate said...

half term is such an exciting time for us! i hope it's not too nasty going back to school :) looking lovely and ethereal as always, and loving the £12 price tag!

adrielleroyale said...

What fantastic colorful pictures! The contrast between the blue and green with a touch of cream is superb. Nice shots! You look lovely as usual! :)

Elena said...

love photos!
www.acafeole.blogspot.com

Ivania santos By DIAMOND said...

Hi hobey!

Great look...very adorable, LOVE IT <3

xoxo*


http://ivaniadiamond.blogspot.com

Carys said...

Just found your blog, I love it!! You look so beautiful in every photo, I love your outfits so much!!! I love your lace skirt, and your green dress in the last post too, you have such great style!! Sorry that was a bit of an epic comment, I just love finding new blogs!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Raez said...

glad you had a great holiday! that colour is marvelous on you, and the woods looks absolutely lush:)

have a great weekend!
xx raez

Isabel said...

Your hair is unbelievably amazing!

Jessy said...

love the blue sweater! it goes perfect with the lacy skirt.

jessy-missj.blogspot.com

fractured skeleton said...

oh, your blog is absolutely lovely dear, i am really shocked that i haven't came accross it before! i shall definitley be following :) also, your sense of fashion is amazing, so inspiring and i love the pretty settings you choose for your photos <3 xxx

Faridah said...

Stunning!

Indigo said...

lovely look! And great photographs x

Carly said...

I can't get over how different this shoot looks compared to your others with the usual accessories but as ever it still looks just as lovely.
That blue is an incredible colour.

I feel like I've missed so many of your posts because I've been working hard on my very own photo shoot at Central Saint Martins. I'm now back to catch up with all of your adventures.

Have a great weekend, Carly.x x

Becca Jane said...

Such a pretty outfit! I love your skirt!

Alice In Fashionland said...

Your hair is so beautiful! Love the little lace skirt.

Ashley said...

I like how you layered this look. The background is gorgeous - so many shades of green!

xoxo, Ashley

agnes said...

elle est vraiment très jolie cette jupe...