Saturday, 18 December 2010

Long skirts and leather gloves








These photos were taken on the same day as my kilt post, and I suppose this outfit is a natural successor - also with the main focus being a long skirt. I bought this particular one at the one-and-only-jumble-sale-I-can't-stop-mentioning. This was the last item found, after noticing the intriguing pattern peeping out from under a rugby sweatshirt. I knew it was coming home with me when I saw the 'Welsh Wool' label on the inside (I also featured a welsh wool cape on my blog a while ago here) - that label guarantees quality, as well as a slightly wonderful granny chic feeling.
As gorgeous as it is, I found it quite hard to style. It's not exactly a 'goes with everything' piece. However, the answer was found hanging in my mum's wardrobe - a gorgeous wrap around mohair cardigan. I have a bit of a thing for mohair, and am currently wearing a vintage electric blue mohair cardigan that used to belong to my great-grandma.
From there I added a belt my mum has had since she was a teenager, a vintage necklace, my favourite leather gloves (used to belong to my gran) a thrifted faux faur collar and some brown chelsea boots. The 'bag' in the first shot is a wooden case full of paints, inherited from a family member.
The photos were taken by my lovely mum, next to a suitably colour co-ordinating gate!

We were meant to be going away this weekend, but unfortunately our plans were scuppered by a new snow fall. However, we have decided to make the best of this, and I am really looking forward to the next few days. Activities to do involve making special Christmas cookies (a tradition from my Czech heritage - which also means celebrating both on Christmas Eve and Christmas day), having a tea party with three good friends, decorating the christmas tree, taking lots of walks in the snow with my camera and watching a smattering of good christmas TV - I hardly ever do this, but Christmas is a bit of an exception. I'm already looking forward to seeing repeats of the Railway Children and Annie, as well as the Doctor Who christmas special!

I've also made a decision recently about my immediate future, to do with modelling. As some people may have picked up on, I was represented by Select Model Management (having been scouted by them). They are a great model agency and very supportive. However, since my surgery I decided that modelling is not something I want to pursue professionally at the moment. However, I'm sending big love to Susannah my booker and the team at Select for being so understanding, and also for providing some incredible experiences - one major highlight being travelling to Paris at the beginning of this year. It's also been very useful to learn about photography - something I am now going to try and actively pursue as much as possible. In fact, my main christmas present will hopefully be a portfolio of my best photos. I can't wait to see them printed out.
I feel that I am now starting out on a new path - where it will end up, I have no idea. But 2010 has been a tumultous year, full of trials and opportunities in equal measure. Strange to think I was only diagnosed with my condition at the beginning of this year, and here I am 11 months later, with a new scar on my back and what feels like a new head set on my shoulders.

30 comments:

Blond Panther & Louboutin... said...

beautiful.... ;)
http://blondpantheretlouboutin.blogspot.com/2010/12/new-faces.html#links

Kate said...

Beautiful photos. Such a creative idea to use a box of paints as a bag- it looks wonderful! Have fun decorating your Christmas tree, it's the bit of Christmas I look forward to most every year!

www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

Natalie Suarez said...

you are so so beautiful! i love this post and i'm so happy to be seeing you doing so well after your surgery. i feel you can still model, if not now, but later if you feel like pursuing it! whatever u decide to do, i wish u the best of luck. once again, thank u for the beautiful necklace, i will have photos of it up on my blog soon!! :)

best,

natalie

T. said...

Love the fuzzyness of the sweater!

Pearl Westwood said...

Stunning photos as always, you do granny chic very well! I am sure you can always think about modelling when you are a bit older if you wanted to go back to it, so long as you are happy with your choices that is the main thing and I know your future will be bright whatever path you take, have a lovely weekend xx

Jay said...

I love this! So timelessly chic :)

commonsenseandstilettos.blogspot.com

Dina said...

The way you are so steadfast strikes me very deep, really. I kept meaning to e-mail you for so long now, I mustn't forget to do it soon...

Mackensie Perry said...

you're so pretty! and that skirt is loevely!!

http://myownlittleireland.blogspot.com/

MellJBrown said...

I saw the add for the Doctor Who Christmas special the other day and got super excited. Even if it's no longer David...

-m xx

Dylana Suarez said...

You look amazing in that skirt. The pattern is divine. You wear it so well! I hope you and your spine are doing well! :) I think you would have so much success as a model (you are absolutely gorgeous), but one must always follow his or her heart, and if your heart pulls you in a certain direction than, you should always follow that path first. You are still so so young. The world is at your fingertips. It's so refreshing to hear such a young person like you already know what they are really passionate about and work hard to pursue it. You are an inspiration Roz!

xoxo,

Dylana

San said...

Wow, what an amazing outfit and the paintbox is the perfect "bag" for it. LOVE IT.

Picturewise I think the first three are the ones I like most. Enjoy the weekend and the cookie making.

Marloes. said...

these shots are so pretty

sacramento said...

Excellent post.The pain in our lives make us grow faster, and value the truly important things in life.
Love your skirt, and the way it has found items in your wardrobe that were asleep and waiting to be kissed. Especially find wonderful the vintage necklace.
Un abrazo my dear friend.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Little Bo Peeep said...

I hope you'll do modeling in the future :) I love your posts. Have a fun holiday!

Diana said...

This skirt is gorgeous!
And I love the way you combined it :)

Penny Dreadful said...

I thought that skirt looked like Welsh wool - lovely. Really adore everything about this outfit, you've styled it beautifully. Well done on being clear and what you do and don't want, you just have to do what makes you happy x

styleodyssey said...

you are absolutely beautiful in these photos. no one else wears brown so elegantly; i mean it is your color!
as for your decision regarding modeling, i'm sure you are going on to do exciting things in the new year, whatever they may be. great opportunities surely await!
wishing you continued healing and a very happy christmas!
-stephanie xo

Carly said...

Hi Roz,

I love the wooden paint box, it looks like a vintage lunch box. I'm also very fond of the vintage necklace, what a great piece to add to simple knitwear and jersey.

I think you've made a great decision to pursue photography, you obviously have a natural flair for it and with a little bit of guidance I'm sure you could make a great career out of it. You'd be amazing as a model but whatever you set your mind to I'm sure you'll succeed.

If ever you want to build on your portfolio in the future get in touch, I'd love to work with you. Fingers crossed I'll keep on growing my contacts and will be able to put you in touch with some industry professionals.

Here's to and exciting future.
Carly. xx
www.dressedupdown.blogspot.com

Lady M said...

Fabulous post yet again, the fashion team at http://www.ladympresents.co.uk wish you well. You have a special talent for Photography and we hope you do extremely well with it
Merry Christmas
LadyMxxx

Fashionistable said...

Beautiful images as always. Good to see you on your feet (even if it was the same day as the kilt post) You are very brave. I love the way you have styled this outfit. You have a great eye. Xxxx

Hope Adela said...

the fur is perfect with your hair!

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Anja said...

Perfect! You look sooo chic :)

Shallow Mallow said...

Beautiful shots & outfit :)

You look absolutely beautiful infront of the camera but it 's great to hear you're going to concentrate on your work behind it :) Those shutters, they're addictive!

Cassidy said...

Gorgeous gorgeous clothing. You look beautiful. At first I thought this was an editorial!

adrielleroyale said...

Quite the classic look you have going here! As for your new decision, I am happy for you though I think you would have done a beautiful job as a model. But you are an amazing photographer too and if that is your passion, then it will be the only truly suitable thing for you to do! :) It always feels quite good to have one's mind made up doesn't it? May you thoroughly enjoy your Christmas season! :)

Raez said...

beauty! i adore the brown palette here and the way you paired different textures--absolutely adore that stole. wonderfully styled and photographed, yet again! :)

xx raez

Inspiration exists said...

You are beautiful and have a wonderful style, classy and chic with a vinatge twist. Love this outfit as maxi skirt and fur collar are one of my fav combinations this season!

wish you a lot of inspiration this holiday season!

Raphaƫlle said...

I just discovered you blog and it impressed me so much that I absolutely have to leave you a comment. I mean, you're just impressive. The first thing I told myself when I first saw your pictures was "wow, she looks like a beautiful witch. And she looks like Eva Green too". I think you look like coming from another time, your beauty is different from the modern model's or fashion blogger. You look like no other fashion blogger whereas I think they all look like each other. Really, you are beautiful. What's more, the pictures are gorgeous :)
Well, sorry if this comment seems a little strange, but trying to tell you my feelings and impressions in a language that's not mine (I'm French), it's a bit hard.

Raphaƫlle
http://stormy-diary.blogspot.com (my photo blog, if you want to have a look to my pictures or reply to my comment :) )

RedRose said...

This is a stunning post! I am excited to see where this leads you too, Merry Christmas :)

http://lucystreasurechest.blogspot.com/
x

THE-LOUDMOUTH said...

You're so naturally beautiful and I love the red lip. Good luck with your endeavors in 2011!