Monday, 6 June 2016

Notes on Being Teenage book launch


I’m still finding it somewhat strange to think that my book comes out in a matter of days – June 9th, to be precise. All this time spent thinking and talking about it (let alone actually writing it!) and suddenly it’s going to be out in the world, doing its own thing: independent of me and my many, many hours spent hunched over a laptop. Of course, it already exists in various formats. Proofs have already winged their way outwards, and places like Hay and Birmingham’s Foyles have been giving customers a sneak preview.

This is a quick post, as much of my time right now is being spent bashing away at my keyboard (well, that and a few golden hours whiled away sunning and swimming and reading). Lots of brilliant things will be emerging in the near future, and I’ll be doing a big round up of all the various articles and other fabulous things I’m currently working on.

For now though, if you’re in Oxford this coming Saturday, please do join me for the launch of Notes on Being Teenage at Blackwell’s. It’s from 4pm to 6.30pm, and open to all. There’ll be drinks, nibbles and lots of celebrations. It would be wonderful to see a few lovely faces there.

8 comments:

Porcelina said...

How exciting, best of luck with the launch! x

leenhuet said...

Congratulations!

Kailey said...

So utterly excited for you Rosalind! You are such a shining person and I can't wait to read this book and see how it touches other people <3

FASHION TALES said...

Congratulations! The world is your oyster dear. Wishing you the best on Saturday with the launch festivities, and much look forward to see what other ventures are in store for you.

Carlota Antolin Vallespin said...

Busy, powerful women! Congratulations again! You are officially a writer. A printed book is truly another level!
I hope it was an amazing launch, funny and lovely as you are.

Lots of kisses!

Izzy DM said...

I wish I could have been there! I hope it was wonderful.

Just ordered my copy! It's finally available in the States, although it's shipping from England so it will take a while. I cannot wait to read this!!!! I feel like a proud big sister, watching you grow up these past few years and your book launch into the world. On a different note, Amazon in the U.S. seems to have inverted your name. I'm sure people will still be able to find you by entering your name the correct way regardless, but thought I'd let you know in case you have an issue with it: https://www.amazon.com/Notes-Being-Teenage-Jana-Rosalind/dp/0750287322/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466001694&sr=8-1&keywords=notes+on+being+teenage

Love,
Izzy

Sizzling Suzai said...

Woww finally! huge CONGRATULATIONS to you as ive been following this blog like years years years ago n i learn a lot and please know that im improving my english and my vocabs through your writing. your post are always inspired me! yup so interested to grab one copy but dunno if it reach here in Malaysia (Asia). probably will get it if i am able to find it on that one fine day. keep it up and i believe you will do success through writing coz you are real good at it! applause! :)

Lola Byatt said...

100% so pleased that you first book has been published, first of MANY i am sure! xx